Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Eric Gregory Winners 2006: Thursday June 15th, London

Thursday 15th June 2006
8.00pm
Free Entrance!

A Reading by 2006 Eric Gregory Award Winners, hosted by Roddy Lumsden in studio.

The Poetry Cafe
22 Betterton Street
London
(Nearest tube: Covent Garden)

The Eric Gregory Award is administered by the Society of Authors and is awarded to the most promising British poets under thirty each year. I won one myself in the year I turned thirty, and it was a huge boost to my career as a poet. I would rather like to go down and hear this reading on Thursday, for my friend and co-conspirator Jon Morley, he of the Heaventree Press in Coventry, has won a Gregory this year and is, I'm sure, destined for great things. But I don't know that I've got enough money this week for an evening's jaunt down to Londinium to hear poetry, especially as I still haven't paid that vast electricity bill ...

Nice thought, though. And well done, Jon. Get down there and knock their socks off, Tin Angel-style!



JON MORLEY holding the light for Colin Dick at this month's 'Night Blue Fruit' open mic at the Tin Angel. It's a dark and dangerous place for poets, Coventry ...

No comments: