Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hammer & Tongue 2006 Slam Final in Oxford

Hammer & Tongue 2006 Slam Final, The Zodiac, Cowley Road, Oxford

Tuesday 2nd May. 8pm start (doors 7.30pm) £5 entrance.

Details from AF Harrold:

'This is the big one, or a big one. It’s the end of year slam featuring the winners of all the previous slams over the last year vying for the big prize, which last year was a multicoloured hammer. Oh, I won it last year, so technically I’m actually defending my title so there’s no pressure on me to perform, oh no. There are at least eight fantastic poets in the competition so it should be a real good show, hosted by Larkin and featuring an unnamed special guest.

So if you’re around do come down and if you cheer for me I’ll be very happy, but quite frankly I think I might just like to retire with dignity (which is what I’ll say was my plan if I lose).

It starts at 8 (doors at 7.30) and costs five quid.'

No comments: